Friday, July 31, 2009

There's a bug in my soup...

Well, not exactly soup. And not exactly a bug.

I was having lunch just now with Jun, Daniel and Beng, digging into my porridge and yakking away on our usual nonsense.

Suddenly i bit on something like plastic after scooping it into my mouth. I lost it while chewing so i dug around my mouth with my tongue. Found that plastic-feeling piece of thing and eventually took it out with my fingers.

Loooo and Behoooold.....

A cockroach leg...

...............................
...............................
...............................
...............................
...............................
...............................
...............................

By now i suppose you would assume that i would throw up the contents in my mouth, vomit everything into the toilet bowl, and make a hell of a commotion.

Didn't happen though unfortunately. I just chewed the remaining porridge in my mouth, swallowed it, left the leg on the table, and asked Beng to summon the boss.

I was quite surprised at my own neutrality towards this. I always assumed that if i found something gross in my food i would totally freak out and make a big boo boo about it. Turns out i was pretty calm.

Though i didn't bother finishing my almost empty bowl of porridge. I fished around the remaining contents to see if there were any other parts of the cockroach. Fortunately nothing else. I do pay attention to each spoon i put into my mouth so i don't think i ate the body. Besides i didn't feel anything crunchy.

So anyway, the boss arrived, i showed her the leg, pointed to my porridge, told here that was where i found it, and asked her to check the remaining pot in the kitchen for any traces of cockroach. She scooped off the cockroach leg with tissues, apologized and walked off for a bit.

Later she came back with my refund (which i tried to refuse) and apologized profusely although i really didn't mind. I just had to ask her to double check that pot of porridge again.

Wow, something interesting actually happens to me. Now i have experienced first hand how it was like to have a cockroach leg in my meal. No sarcasm intended. Tastes and feels like plastic...

No comments:

Post a Comment